Color vision testing is an assessment of a person’s ability to accurately discriminate between “confusion colors” which are specific matched sets of colors that are scientifically calculated to be confused by persons with diminished color perception(s). A person who is color vision deficient sees many colors, but certain colors are viewed as being equivalent that a color normal person would view as distinctly different. Color vision deficiency is commonly and inappropriately called “color blindness”, however they are usually not blind to color, but have reduced discrimination to some colors. ColorDx applications, or web-enabled applications (the “Applications”) are designed for a person to take a test, with little supervision culminating with a written report describing the type of colors that are confused (described as Protan, Deutan, and Tritan) and the severity based upon how many images cannot be successfully identified. ColorDx tests have been validated by the Naval Aerospace Medical Institute for use in qualification of Naval and other armed services pilots and other service personnel.
Some jobs, military qualifications, and professions require normal color perception for safety or performance-precision of visual recognized tasks. A test subject that would have another person either:
- Fraudulently take the test directly, mis-identified as the test subject; or,
- Provide any test answers or assistance in identifying any test answers;
would likely be held liable for falsifying personal information for personal gain and fraudulent medical evidence. Such fraudulent test practices invalidate the test results.
The test subject, by consenting to take the ColorDx test, certifies that they have:
- Accurately identified themself as the true test taker;
- Received no help, assistance, hints, or direction from another person as to what is seen on any of the test plates or the color normal test answer.
3. Required Test Conditions
All color vision tests are subject to proper test conditions for maximum detection of color vision deficiencies. Color vision tests, including ColorDx Applications performed under sub-optimum conditions may allow low grade or “mild” color deficient persons to pass or perform slightly better than would be expected. The same sub-optimum conditions are unlikely to degrade color vision normal individual’s results to be reported as color vision deficient.
For optimal results, color vision tests should performed:
- In low or moderately illuminated environment free of strong external light sources or reflections (printed color vision tests should be administered under an illuminant C or D approximate 6,500 Kelvin color temperature lamp).
- LED back-lit monitor with 6,500 Kelvin color temperature.
- A current color calibration is recommended for optimized results.
By taking a ColorDx color vision test, the test taker acknowledges that they have personally taken the test without aid, coaching or help; and hereby releases from liability and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Konan Medical USA, Inc. and Waggoner Color Vision Testing, LLC. and its employees, representatives, contractors, and agents (hereinafter the “Companies”) for any and all liability for damages resulting from the use of a ColorDx Application. Optimal sensitivity of all color vision tests are achieved using a color-calibrated monitor or targets illuminated with a 6500 K lighting environment. Sub-optimum test conditions my result in False Negative results (minor color deficiencies resulting in a PASS result), primarily for low-severity color deficiencies. False Positive results (FAIL result with no color deficiency) are unlikely to be reported from the same sub-optimum test environment. Persons relying upon this test summary for vocational, safety, or any color critical task, by presentation of these results certify that: they personally took this test; the results were achieved without any external aid; and test was taken under optimum conditions.
5. Use of ColorDx Test (Web Administered Test Only)
This web site and the services provided to you on and via this web site are provided on an "AS IS" basis. You agree that the provider of this service reserves the right to modify or discontinue provision of this web site and its services, and to remove the data you provide, either temporarily or permanently, at any time, without notice and without any liability towards you, The site editor will not be held responsible or liable for timeliness, removal of information, failure to store information, inaccuracy of information, or improper delivery of information.
6. Your Responsibilities and Registration Obligations (Web Administered Test Only)
8. Registration and Password (Web Administered Test Only)
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you will be responsible for all usage of your user account and/or user name, whether authorized or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify the site editor of any unauthorized use of your user account, user name or password. This can be done through the contact form provided on the site at www.konanmedical.com/contactus
9. Your Conduct
By using this Application you agree that you will not:
- Provide any content or conduct yourself in any way that may be construed as: unlawful; illegal; threatening; harmful; abusive; harassing; stalking; tortious; defamatory; libelous; vulgar; obscene; offensive; objectionable; pornographic; designed to interfere with or disrupt the operation of this web site or any service provided; infected with a virus or other destructive or deleterious programming routine; giving rise to civil or criminal liability; or in violation of an applicable local, national or international law;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your association with any person or entity; you will not forge or otherwise seek to conceal or misrepresent the origin of any answers or content provided by you;
- Collect or harvest any information about other users;
- Provide any content that may give rise to the site editor being held civilly or criminally liable, or that may be considered a violation of any local, national or international law, including -- but not limited to -- laws relating to copyrights, trademarks, patents, or trade secrets.
11. Applicable Law
12. Miscellaneous Information
- You agree that any claim or cause in respect of this web site or its services must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause arose, or the said claim or cause will be forever barred, without regard to any contrary legislation;